tisdag 1 september 2015

Halloween

Hi all and welcome to my blog
I hope you are well


I want to welcome SamraBarb and Janine who recently joined my blog. So nice to have you all here.

Today I´ll show you a Halloween card I´ve made for KennyKs Krafty Krew. I´ve used the adorable Trixxie Treat, isn´t she just lovely! This is such a fun theme I think and I had so much fun making this card. At first I was thinking of making a more colorful project with bright orange and purple papers, but than I found this paper stack Seasonal from Tim Holtz. These Halloween papers are mild in colors, almost "washed out" and I fell in love with them right away. I´ve tried to color Miss Trixxie Treat in the same colors as the papers.



The Challenge is
Anything goes
with the twist
Halloween

Our sponsor is

Prizes: The winner will get 3 KennyK digis of the Winner´s Choice, 5 if twist is used. Top 3, chosen by the Krew, will be rewarded with one (1) digi each. Remember you must use a KennyK digi to enter. You could find them here. We have lots of fabulous inspiration for you to see over at KennyKs Krafty Krew so check out what my team mates have made this time.

This is how I made my card
I´ve colored her with my Distress Re-inkers and I´ve cut out the hat and the pumpkin for a 3D look. The papers are from Tim Holtz stack Seasonal. The spider web and the flower are made with aluminum tape and cut out with a Cheery Lynn die and a Tim Holtz die and then I´ve used black acrylic paint and some Metallic Lustre in Copper from Deco Art to get the right look. The house, the bats, the number 31 and the leaves are cut out with Tim Holtz dies. The house is cut out in black cardstock and then I´ve used some Metallic Lustre Copper again. The tags are cut out with a Magnolia die and the sentiments are from Tim Holtz. I´ve used black embossing puffs around the paper edges and also crackel paint and glossy accents on some details. The spiders are made with glue from a hot glue gun and metal wire and sprayed with black paint. To get the hairy legs I´ve glued model train gras on the metal wire before I sprayed it with black paint. 


When I was done with them I could almost not touch them because they looked so real. They are scary...if you are afraid of spiders like I am...lol


I will try my luck and enter this card to the following challenges
Create and Inspire (Challenge 28)
Simon Says Stamp Blog (Anything Goes)
Crafting from the Heart (Challenge 75)

Thanks for stopping by today
and
have a nice day!
Hugs Lisa




2 kommentarer:

Barb sa...

Wow Lisa this is stunning. I do like the colours you have used and what attention to detail. I love those scary looking spiders. Barbxx

jenn shurkus sa...

WOW! this is wicked fun!!!! love all the elements to it :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!